Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Resurrection: Fact or Fiction?

Over the next three days I will present three items for discussion that I contest will prove that the resurrection of Christ is a fact of history and thus Christianity is the one and only true religion. I will lay out evidence in historical records outside of just the Bible.

These three points are:
1. Jesus died by Crucifixion
2. The empty tomb
3. His bodily appearances after death

As I stated yesterday, if the resurrection of Christ is true, then any religion that denies it (to my knowledge that would be all of them, please correct me on that if I'm wrong) is false. If the resurrection is false, then Christianity is false as that is the foundation of the Christian faith that Christ rose from the dead and as a result conquered sin, death and satan's authority on earth in order for us to have the opportunity to accept that atoning death for our lives.

I will be getting a majority of my information from a book entitled, Paul Meets Muhammad: A Christian-Muslim Debate on the Resurrection. If you have not read this book yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. It is one of the most creative and thought provoking books I've ever read on that topic.

While there is no way these topics can be discussed exhaustively in three short posts, I hope to at least give everyone something to think about and investigate further on their own.

As always, my rules of comments apply...no personal attacks. I will be even more strict than normal on these posts because I want everyone to feel completely free to discuss their ideas without being attacked personally.

5 comments:

JohnnyB said...

CT,

Pretty cool posts on Holy Week. Get ready for all kinds of people to get "offended". Since Al Gore and the federal government invented the internet, get ready for the ACLU to get on your case so you won't offend "free speech" types. Keep it up and thanks for the book recommendation...I'll put it on my list.

Cajun Tiger said...

JB...thanks for the warning but I don't think lil ole me is on the radar of the ACLU quite yet =)

The leftist southpaw said...

CT, you are so right. The ACLU does not go after people who value free speech and promote open forums.

That's the job of the U.S. DOJ!

nerdyastronomer said...

I don't know, Lefty...even if the ACLU doesn't come after him for an open forum that allows us Dems to contribute, he might have to be wary of Ann Coulter...

I look forward to your arguments...although I hope you'll pull from more resources if you have a chance.

Cajun Tiger said...

Yep...just like they support Christians to pray at graduation ceremonies and at football games or any where in public for that matter...oh wait...they actually fought against that free speech.

Darn you Southpaw (I know you didn't start it)...this is supposed to be a politics free week...let's get back on topic please =)