Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Nah...No Liberal Media Bias Whatsoever

As Bruce and Nick accurately pointed out in my previous post and I had originally found on Newsbusters, the AP never once in the entire article cited which party Jefferson is in. And even goes as far as to possibly imply he is a Repub with the Pelosi comment.

Not a case of bias you say? I beg to differ. Let's compare an AP article when Delay was indicted:

The next step in the criminal proceedings against Republican leader Tom DeLay is a trip to Austin to be fingerprinted and photographed.

DeLay was indicted Wednesday on one count of criminal conspiracy for his alleged role in a campaign finance scheme that helped give Republicans power in the Texas House and in Congress.

The Texas Republican, relying on political prowess, arm-twisting and devotion to his GOP majority, tightened the Republican grip on the House in his seven years as Republican whip -- the party's No. 3 leadership post -- and has delivered for President Bush in his three years as majority leader.

But the Travis County district attorney, one of Texas' most powerful Democrats, wielded his clout like never before Wednesday, when he brought charges of criminal conspiracy against one of the nation's most powerful Republicans. U.S. Rep. Tom DeLay.

So that is seven times, yet they couldn't even bring themselves to do the customary (D-LA) for the article on Jefferson...nah...no bias whatsoever!

4 comments:

JohnnyB said...

Totally true. Great job of pointing this out. It's up to guys like us to keep the AP on it's toes.

Emily E. said...

If you need a good laugh- you only need go as far as Jefferson's "response" to the accusations:

"I am absolutely innocent of the charges that have been leveled against me," Jefferson said afterward. "I'm going to fight my heart out to clear my name."

LOL!

It gave me the best laugh I have had in days!

Anonymous said...

I like this comparison! Good work, Cajun.

Anonymous said...

Once he proves his innocence, maybe he can use his spare time looking for the "real killers" of Mrs. Simpson.