Friday, January 09, 2009

Small Steps of Faith

One of my biggest struggles since becoming a Christian has been asking for things for myself, especially things that in my mind seemed small. After reading The Shack, I felt this was an area that God wanted me to work on and learn more about, so that is exactly what I've started to do.

Two nights ago my laptop was not working properly. Normally I would have spent hours trying to figure out on my own how to fix it because to me that was not something to "bother" God about. However, as I'm learning, if it is a concern for us, it is also a concern for God. So, after catching myself for a few minutes doing it in my strength, I stopped and spent a little time in prayer over the issue.

Call it what you want, but I'm calling it answered prayer b/c as soon as I finished praying and I went back to my computer it was working perfectly fine again. That was such a huge faith builder for me to see that God really does care about even the smallest things in my life.

Now don't get me wrong. If I had come back to my computer and it wasn't working, I wouldn't have thought that God doesn't care. It would have just meant He is not answering it in the way I would have liked or the way I thought was best. But I truly feel in this case, He was rewarding my new step of faith in trusting Him even with the small things.

Then yesterday it happened again. I was looking for something that I really needed. I spent about thirty minutes looking for it and couldn't find it. Then I caught myself realizing I hadn't asked God for help, so I stopped and spent a few minutes in prayer on the issue. Yep, you guessed it, in a few more minutes I found it in a place I hadn't thought of looking before. Another great growth of faith for me.

So, all this to say, God really does care about even the smallest details of your life. If you give everything over to Him, He will get involved with everything in your life. He is just waiting for the invitation.

No comments: