Monday, December 24, 2007

Hunting With Dad and Merry Christmas

As some of you will remember, last year on one trip home me and my dad did a little skeet shooting. This time I went out with him to his deer lease in hopes of bagging my first deer.


Beautiful sunrise from the deer stand (we were in the stand at 5am before the sun was up...yes...I was still half asleep =)


The stand from the road




The main view. The little bottle is a wildlife scent to mask our human smell...my dad knows all the tricks.


The side view...yes that's an apple core...another trick to try and attract the deer.


Wood ducks in the pond


Well, we didn't see any deer on our two hunts, so I wanted to at least shoot a little. We went to the range and set this target at 100 yards. The 10 circle is about 3" diameter and then another inch each one out so all 6 shots were within a 7" diameter. Not too bad for not shooting at a target in several years.

As you can tell, I'm enjoying my vacation with family and friends. Hope everyone is as well. Have a very Merry Christmas and don't forget to take a few minutes to remember the real reason for the season.

1 comment:

Mike's America said...

Skeet shooting was something my Dad and I have done for years. But the friends field we used to was sold.

I don't know what I am going to do with all the guns we have in Ohio when they pass to me. Guess I'll have to move to the country.

Merry Christmas and welcome home Cajun!