Friday, August 29, 2008

Awesome VP Pick!!!

I've said from the beginning that McCain needs a solid conservative as a running mate, and he has done exactly that in picking AK Gov. Sarah Palin!

She is very solid pro-life. She is the mother of 5 children. Her last child has Downs Syndrome. She was told before his birth he would have Downs and it was suggested she consider an abortion. Palin didn't even give it a thought for one second.

Her oldest son is in the Army and is deploying to Iraq on Sept. 11, so she knows what it is like to have a child in the military serving in Iraq.

She is very pro-2nd amendment. She is a lifelong member of the NRA. She is an avid hunter.

She is very solid on drilling as she is a huge proponent of drilling in ANWR. Alaska has 20% of US energy reserves.

She is a reformer. She challenged a Rep governor who was involved in corruption and beat him.

And one of my personal favorites. She was the president of her FCA chapter when she played basketball in school.

4 comments:

Dionne said...

I am ecstatic!!! He could not have picked better to make the conservative base happy. She was my favorite after Watts. Not only will he get my vote now but I may even campaign for him. I just boarded the straight talk express.

He just hit a homerun whereas Obama failed big time with Biden. I am actually excited about this race now.

Mike's America said...

Picking Palin was a brilliant masterstroke. It showed that McCain DOES listen to conservatives and he did exactly what I hoped he would and found a new rising star to add to his ticket instead of the boring but safe alternatives.

Conservatives don't have to fake enthusiasm for the GOP ticket now. We are 100% on board!

Jean Ohlerking said...

i am relieved and even excited about this choice. yay!

Nancy said...

I am so fired up about our ticket, and I am completely in love with Palin right now. Hell, I'm in love with McCain right now. What a couple of great Americans. Honor, integrity, fortitude. I couldn't be more pleased or more proud.