Thursday, August 07, 2008

I'm Out of Here!

As always in my life change happens fast. I can make all the plans I want and God always finds a way to remind He is in charge. I've been saying for 6 months now that I'd be leaving here Aug. 31st. Well, the prime on our contract decided they want me home earlier, so I'm leaving tomorrow.

That's why I've been very lax on posts lately b/c lots had to be done before I left due to the accelerated schedule.

Being nothing was planned for home these next couple of weeks, I'm going to take advantage of them and get some down time to decompress and more importantly some quality and quantity Mimi time =) So while I'll be home this weekend, I will still be pretty much out of touch for a couple of more weeks and then slowly reenter the wonderful DC pace of life. I'll also take a break from posting unless something major happens like VP announcements.

So, see everyone in a couple of weeks! And thanks so much for everyone's prayers over this past year!

8 comments:

shannon w kirkpatrick said...

brother, that's awesome!!

call me as soon as you decompress!

shannon

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm glad you're coming home. Good for you :)

Dionne said...

Sooooooooo excited for you!!! Enjoy your time!!

nicole duplechain said...

welcome home, shane :) thank you for all you've done. so glad you're coming home.

-nicole dup
www.nicoleduplechain.wordpress.com

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 08/11/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

Mike's America said...

I guess you are home by now. I hope you had a pleasant trip.

Please don't take too much time off of blogging. We need to get up to speed for the election.

Welcome Home!

Mike's America said...

P.S. Maybe you can go down to the House chamber and join the GOP insurrection. That would make a great blog post.

Nancy said...

Welcome home, Comeaux se llama. Now, let's find another way back over there! Not right away, but pretty soon...and not for too long. Haha.