Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Adventure Continues...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and is looking forward to a very Happy 2006!!!

As I'm sure those who know me have been anticipating, I'm moving again =)

Friday will be my last day working in DC for at least the next three months.

On Sunday I'm moving to TX to manage a State Rep race.

Some of you are now wondering what happened with the Iraq job. Well, that is still not out of the mix completely yet. My security clearance expired a year ago, so they are re-submitting me for a new clearance. That could take a day or a year. You never know, so obviously I couldn't wait around (hence the TX job) and they are continuing to look for someone to fill the spot. Ideally, if my clearance comes through in March and they haven't filled the spot yet, I may still go then. The contract ends in July and then if I really like the job I'll move to the DC office.

For those of you who that last paragraph caught completely in left field, I was offered a position in Iraq. It is a really great opportunity to go there and participate in seeing democracy born in the Middle East. I'm not sure what I can or can't say about the job yet, so stay tuned.

If for some reason the TX job ends after the election in March (either we lose or there is no Democratic opponent) and the Iraq job is not available, then as of now, I'm planning on heading back to DC to look for a new job. Obviously as most of you know there is really no telling where I'll end up, but that is the plan as of now.

I never cease to be amazed at all the incredible opportunities God continues to allow me to join Him in. I pray that I continue to completely seek His will in all that I do and everywhere He sends me.

1 comment:

The Youngs said...

hey shane, just wanted to let you know that you can read our info on www.childrenscup.org and just click on ckarles and kristen young. it will also give you a link to our blog. hope everything is good. it was mnice meeting your fiance and congrats!!! good luck with texas and possibly iraq after...if i read that right?? anyway keep in touch :) peace out A town