Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Tornado in a Junkyard

I've just recently finished a book that is very relevant to the nonsense ruling in PA on Intelligent Design.

The book is entitled, "Tornado in a Junkyard: The Relentless Myth of Darwinism." It is written by a former atheist and is an amazing read. He breaks down every piece of evolution very scientifically yet easy enough for anyone to read.

The premise of the title of the book is that statistically it is more likely that a tornado can pass through a junk yard and leave a fully functional 747 aircraft behind than it is for Darwin's theory of evolution to be the way the earth and all life was formed.

With my chemisty and zoology background, I even learned tons of new stuff. I challenge anyone to read the book and dispute his claims scientifically.

6 comments:

The leftist southpaw said...

In the interest of equal time, does the author tell us what the statistical odds are of an "intelligent designer" creating the earth and all life on it?

Anonymous said...

TLS, I hope it's okay to interject -- I haven't read the book -- but do you reckon the odds are low? How does one calculate them?

The leftist southpaw said...

exactly my point.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. What were the odds that people would create the Yugo? The fact that you can't figure out a way to calculate them doesn't seem to say anything about whether it happened or not.

Anonymous said...

this is good to know because I always wish I had more scientific facts to back up my beliefs about how the world was formed. - cbl

Cajun Tiger said...

The book does go in the odds of intelligent design vs. evolution with plenty of examples and studies. Like I said, it is a very interesting read and really makes you think.