Thursday, January 26, 2006

All Systems Go!!!

At 1245 we had our final formation and I received my validation saying I was cleared to go to Iraq!!! I'm just ready to get there and start doing something. I haven't done anything work related in a month. While the down time was nice (minus the obvious), I'm definitely ready to start being productive again.

Tomorrow we have a free day, so I'll try and take some pics of the mountains and the Mexican houses across the border to post. We can't go across the border, so I'm not sure how well they will come out from a couple of miles away.

In our final briefing today, the chaplin was talking about several different topics. During one of them he recommended reading Psalm 91 every morning. It is a very powerful chapter and fits perfectly, especially for the soldiers. Verse 14 sums it up well, "The Lord says, 'I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.'"

1 comment:

Cajun Tiger said...

I hope to get a picture later and post it, but there is this huge star on the American side on the side of the mountain that is lit at night. We joked that was so the Mexicans and others could easily see where America is when they cross the border illegally.