Friday, January 27, 2006

El Paso Pics

The desert from the sky...didn't realize it was full of plants and not just barren desert like it will be in Iraq I'm told.

View of the Franklin Mts from Ft. Bliss


View of the mts from Ranger's Peak looking North



East El Paso

West El Paso and Juarez, Mexico in the distance

My first cactus I've ever seen in real life growing wild.


Definitely not Taco Bell. I ate the taco and gordito...but couldn't finish the enchilada.


Last flying American flag I'll probably see until I return. God Bless Old Glory!!!


There are a few pics of the scenery here in El Paso. Next stop...Kuwait!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shane,
You take good care of yourself, and remember to always trust that God's got you in his hands, and in HIS will! Vinnie and I will be praying for you! Be sure to keep us updated!

In Christ!
Kerry

Jean Ohlerking said...

i'll put you on my prayer list...that God protects you on every side.

Cajun Tiger said...

Thanks everyone!!! I've been praying Ps 91, which as I noted in an earlier post, is perfect for the situation here.

Anonymous said...

I know I"m late here, being you've been over there for a week or a bit longer, but I had to comment on your pictures and food that you shot photo's of, now you know what its like in my world our in AZ. I will keep checkin here for your updates and will keep you in my prayers always. Be safe Shane!!!
Courtney
AZ