Monday, January 23, 2006

One Down...One to Go!

I'm definitely receiving the full experience of being deployed. We had to be at the base for 0445 this morning for formation, we ate MREs for lunch (mine was jambalaya and it was actually pretty good...not dad's ofcourse but definitely way edible). They have these neat warming packs that heat the food.

Today was the first of two big days. Even though I did most of my medical and dental stuff before coming they still have to approve everything before I'm determined deployable.

Today was medical. I had to take four shots to update all the immunizations needed. I got weak and white after as usual =) They offered Anthrax, but I gladly refused being it was voluntary.

However by the end of the day at 1800, I was determined medically deployable. Now on to dental tomorrow. They are letting sleep in a little tomorrow. First formation isn't until 0530 (like my use of military time...trying to fit in =)

1 comment:

The Youngs said...

hey!!! glad to hear things are going so well. thank yuo so much!!! for the mnthly support. we can't do it without people like you. thanky uo sooooo much and i can't say it enough. talk to you soon.
kristen