Monday, May 05, 2008

Absolutely Pathetic!

I'm obviously disappointed that Woody Jenkins lost his race this past weekend. However, what gets me even more is the absolutely pathetic turnout. Only 23% of eligible voters voted in the race. That is so sad on so many levels, not the least being that there are members of the military and Iraqis dying here every day for the freedom we as Americans enjoy. Yet, the very people who are enjoying that freedom the most of any nation can't even find the time to exercise that freedom by voting.

1 comment:

Ron said...

I'm very disappointed also, CT. I thought Jenkings with Bobby Jindals support and popularity would be enough for Jenkins to easily win.

When it comes to politics,
the people in my state take one step forward and two steps back.

People who can vote but chose not too, have no right to complain about the way our governments are run...period.