Saturday, July 09, 2005

Beautiful Day on the River

Wow...what an awesome day!!! Blue skies and a cool breeze. I spent the day out on a friend's boat on the Potomac and had a very relaxing day. That is definitely the way life is meant to be lived =)

Anyone who spends any amount of time on water and trys to claim there is no God, is absolutely fooling themself. Same in the mountains or anywhere in pure uncivilized nature. It just screams out CREATION!!!

I am never more relaxed and "at home" then when I'm out in nature. That is definitely a point John Eldredge nails in "
Wild at Heart." It is definitely something deep in my being that calls out and brings me closer to He who created it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about nature. I miss the family camping trips that we used to take growing up. Life keeps moving faster and faster leaving little time for leisurely outdoor activities.

Cajun Tiger said...

Yeah, camping is so much fun. I'm actually thinking of heading out to the Shenendoah Valley one Saturday before summer ends with my "Wild at Heart" Workbook and camp out over night. That is if I can find someone to lend me all their camping gear =)