Sunday, July 10, 2005

Lessons of the Day

This morning at big church Pastor Lon finished his series on "Jesus' Most Outrageous Sayings" with the saying that, "They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky" Mat 24:30. It was a message on the Second Coming of Christ and what we need to do to be prepared for the Rapture.

His three main points were:
  1. Have a personal relationship with Christ
  2. Be serious about living a God-honoring lifestyle of personal holiness
  3. Have a "Do It Now" attitude when serving God

I have the first two down, but have some work to do on #3. Too many times I let life get in the way of doing what I should be doing for God. I also let some fear stop me as well. That was one of the major lessons I learned on my trip to Kazakhstan, and today's message reinforced that lesson.

At Frontline, Todd gave a preview of his next series "True or False." The next couple of weeks he will talk about what Frontline and McLean Bible teaches doctrinally. He said it is very important to know the beliefs of a Church you attend and not just trust that truth is being taught because it is a Church. That is so true because there are lots of churches teaching things that that are in complete conflict with what the Bible teaches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is hard to live for God constantly in the present moment and not putting off or waiting for tomorrow. Thankfully, if we ask and are in tune to His Holy Spirit, He gives us reminders and opportunities to advance his Kingdom moment by moment and life by life. I also struggle with the "fear of man," afraid of what people will think of me if I speak up. God is not finished with me yet! He continues to change me into His image and give me greater boldness :)