Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Absolutely Outrageous!!!

I'm not sure yet if this is true or not, but if it is, this is absolutely outrageous. Drudge is reporting:

ANTI-WAR PROTESTERS TARGET WOUNDED AT ARMY HOSPITAL
Wed Aug 2005 24 21:20:05 ET
Anti-war protestors besieged wounded and disabled soldiers at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C, a new web report will claim! CNSNews.com is planning to run an expose featuring interviews with both protestors and veterans, as well as shots of protest signs with slogans like “Maimed for a Lie.” The conservative outlet will post video evidence of the wounded veterans being taunted by protesters, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

If this turns out to be an accurate story...I'm already fuming just thinking about it...I'm really speechless that people would stoop to such a despicable level. I don't care what you think about the war. There is absolutely no justification for such horrible acts. These soldiers' lives are forever effected through no fault of their own except doing their job to keep us free and allow absolute idiots like this to do such insane and downright heartless things.

I was downtown today and ran across a Navy guy in full dress. I walked over to him and thanked him for his service and said I truly appreciate his sacrifice to protect us. It took him a few seconds to realize what I was doing and then he became very visibly thankful for my gesture.

I'm not saying that in any way to try and pat myself on the back. Just to show the striking difference between someone who truly appreciates the military and what they do for us and someone who hates the President so much that they will go to any level to make their statement even if that means hurting those who protect their very lives.

What a sad state of affairs that there are people that would ever consider an act as this much less actually carry it out.

No comments: