Saturday, August 06, 2005

One Month To Go!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

For those who know me well, the title of my post is very self explanatory. For those who don't, one month from today is the kickoff of the LSU football season. It is shaping up to be another great season. With 10 offensive starters returning, 7 defensive starters returning and everyone on special teams returning, LSU is in great shape to improve upon its performance from last year and make another run for the National Championship. The only two question marks are QB, which hurt us last year, and a new coach.

They are ranked #6 in the USA Today preseason poll. However 5 of the teams we play this season (6 if we make it to the SEC Championship game) are ranked in the Top 25 including #3 Tennessee (thankfully 4 of the 5 are home games). There is no reason, with 6 SEC teams in the top 25, that if any SEC team goes undefeated, they should not be in the National Championship game like Auburn should have been last year.

I'm hoping to be able to make it down for either the Florida or Auburn game this season. I definitely can't go two seasons without making it to at least one game!!!

3 comments:

tigertalk said...

I was suffering blogs and came across yours. I actually have a counter on my blog to kickoff to LSU football. I can't wait and I think with Russel a proven clutch player I am excited about the season. The linebacker situation scares me but pitman is my hope for a dominate defense. Anyways enjoyed reading your blog. If you want to see the counter my blog address is www.irishtiger641.blogspot.com

Cajun Tiger said...

Thanks...I'll check it out.

If Russell can be consistent we are in for a VERY good season.

Cajun Tiger said...

Must be a bunch of northeast or west coast liberals publishing SI =)