Friday, September 30, 2005

Season Over!

Well, I can no longer say I've never broken a bone. Last night playing softball, I broke my fibula (small bone of lower leg) right above my ankle. I'm in a splint until Tuesday when they will put me in a cast for 6 weeks.

I broke it sliding into homeplate. They have this astroturf like surface in the batter's box, and when I slid, my cleat got caught on the edge of this surface. My foot stopped but my body kept going...and then POP!

I actually didn't know it was broken and only thought I had pulled a tendon or something because it didn't really hurt that bad. I even played the rest of the game and didn't go to the urgent care center until after...probably not too smart looking back. After x-rays the doc said it was broken.

But hey...at least I was safe at homeplate =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! There ain't no quit in a Louisiana boy. Can i sign your cast via email?

Anonymous said...

wow. that sounds painful. I don't like legs popping

Cajun Tiger said...

You taught me well Dup =)