Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Lifesong

Tonight for Frontline, Todd spoke for part 2 of the series on worship. The main point of the message was that our worship of God has to go beyond words. It has to go from saying it to meaning it to living it.

After he finished, the worship team played a song that completely captured the message. It is a song by Casting Crowns called Lifesong. The lyrics are very piercing. I hope they convict you as much as they have me! I would love to hear your comments and thoughts.

Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet

So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good song. I really like your scrolling pictures. You should see all the war protests they have in Austin. Just two days ago they were down town holding candles with signs that said, "Over 2K dead, and for no reason..." - cbl

Cajun Tiger said...

I can feel your pain...DC is the same way...the wackos are always on the street. The worst place they go is to Walter Reed where the wounded are and hold up signs saying similar things. Very sad!!!