Sunday, October 23, 2005

Unexpected Lesson

I went to my church in LA today, Healing Place Church, and while the message was really good, I learned a different lesson from someone in the crowd.

LSU Coach Les Miles was in attendance as a guest of Coach Charlie McCartney, who was in town with his grandson visiting LSU. Coach Miles was an assistant at Colorado when Coach Mac was there. He spoke a little before the message and I really got convicted.

While I never said anything really bad about Miles, I definitely spoke negative about him on several occasions. Well I really got convicted about talking bad about someone and also that instead I should be praying for him. I can't even begin to imagine the pressures he faces every day.

If anyone needs God's strength, he definitely does. Especially when you think of all the lives he affects. The players look to him for strength and if he can rely on God's strength to direct him that could change the eternal life of a player.

So, all that to say that I will try to be less quick to criticize someone in an influential position and instead try my best to lift them up in prayer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pray for mack brown while you're at it. :-P I know, I know, there's all kind of things that could happen. Virginia Tech could go undefeated and we'd have three undefeated teams at the end and Texas might get bumped. I don't think it will happen just a dire possibility. - CBL

Anonymous said...

Les Miles is a Christian? That is great news for me. I had a feeling that there was something different about him.

I hope that he has success, and I hope that he will change a few players' lives while he's here.

Ross