Friday, August 04, 2006

Unprayed Answers?

I made it back to Iraq this morning as a result of what I'm calling an unprayed answer. What is that you ask? Well, it is the opposite of the Garth Brooks song, "Unanswered Prayers."

I'm not sure if any of you think about stuff like this but I do a lot. Do you think some prayers should not be prayed as they are too selfish or self-serving?

For example this morning at 0130 I was not listed on the roll call for the flight to Baghdad. I was not happy. However, I didn't feel it was something I should ask God for help in because what harm would come to me by staying in Kuwait one more day other than personal discomfort due to the heat and tough living arrangements. It was one of those "God has more important things to do than worry about something so trivial" moments.

So, I walked out talking to God and saying, "well apparently you want me in Kuwait one more day, please give me the patience to handle it." Then not 30 minutes later, I was in exactly the right place at exactly the right time and was added to the flight. There was a waiting list of over 80 people and I was somewhere in the 50s, yet I made the flight due to being the only one there at that exact moment.

Was it just a test to see if my attitude would be right before He worked it out or was it just an unprayed answer to something I didn't think I should pray for? So while Garth rightfully thanked God for unanswered prayers, how many unprayed answers should we thank Him for daily!

3 comments:

ellesugirl said...

TOO MANY TO COUNT! Is my answer to that one. I can relate to that where you want to "right" things soo bad and you feel at the time that you are not getting any help to do that. But, I will go back to one of my original responses which was... sometimes we try to be on OUR path not HIS path.

Glad to hear you made your flight! My thoughts and prayers are with you

=) -e

Ron said...

Timing! His timing is different than our timing. Just like His ways our higher than our ways. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. I guess "unprayed answers" is another way of building up our faith.

Cajun Tiger said...

His paths and ways are definitely better than ours, especially in His timing.