Monday, July 31, 2006

Google Search

Last Wednesday, Feather Iron told me about Site Tracker. It has tons of really cool features like showing how many hits a day your site averages (I'm at 68 as of today...that's very humbling), how long they stay, and how many pages they visit. It shows you where in the world the visitors are (in the last few days I've had visitors from all across the US from Cali to NYC, Canada, Taiwan, England and Sweden...that's the only foreign country one I know who it is).

The neatest feature is it shows you how they came to your site. Most are from friends who have me linked to their site. However another big source is Google searches. I've had them come to the site by searching for the words rants, tiger and lifesong. I had an old friend who I haven't seen or talked to in over 3 years drop in by googling my name...I can't hide...lol

The coolest one though was the following search, "What does God mean by 'not even a hint of sexual immorality.'" It took them to my Personal Purity Commitment post. How amazing is that!!! They may have gotten way more than they bargained for, but how powerful is our God that He even uses Google to bring people closer to His will. I wish he or she would have left a comment, but ultimately my prayer is that something in that post challenged him or her to walk closer to God in the area of sexual purity!

3 comments:

ellesugirl said...

"They may have gotten way more than they bargained for" HAHA!! Only the strongest of the strong will be able to uphold and resist temptation. I hope they gained something from reading your commitment! You have touched several lives in many good positive ways and that is a wonderful thing.

I will miss you!! Be safe in the desert!
=) -e

Carole Turner said...

I get several hits from Australia and the united kingdom. There is a famous writer in England with my name so the google search brings them to my blog. The funny thing is the tons of hits from google searches for "grilz" or "sinus Fungus Balls"!!

Cajun Tiger said...

Elle...actually it will be only those who stayed plugged into The Source and has strong accountability.

FI...TMI!!! =)