Monday, July 10, 2006

One Year Anniversary of Blogging

Wow...I can't believe it has been a year since I started blogging (it was actually yesterday, but didn't have a chance to post so I'm doing it today).

What a year it has been. I can definitely say it has gone from some of the highest highs to some of the lowest lows. Through it all, God has been faithful!!!

Below are links that recap some of my posts that were significant over the last year as well as some with the most comments. Enjoy the year in review:

First Post

Dodgeball Tournament

Kazakhstan De-Brief

Rekindling

Katrina

I'm an Uncle...again

Rita

Broken Leg

My Lifesong

She Said Yes!

Last Grandparent

The Adventure Continues

What a Difference a Day Makes

Engagement Called Off

Psalm 32

In Iraq at Last

Blessings of Brokenness

Growth

Wherever You Are

Final Four Geaux Tigers!!!

No Excuses

Sandstorm

Desert Experience

One Step Closer

Good Riddance

Personal Purity Commitment

Kazakhstan One Year Later

Pure Desire

Hmmm...that was a very interesting exercise. As I stated above, I was going to include some of the political posts with the most comments, but that just didn't seem fitting. So, this has instead turned into a review of my life over the last year. The year saw lots of great times as well as lots of tears.

I can say without one hint of doubt that I'm closer to God, my family and my friends today than I was one year ago. Through the struggles and victories God allowed this past year, others have come closer to God and their families. What more can one ask out of life. I can't wait to see what the next year holds in store for all of us!!!

8 comments:

The Youngs said...

how jealous i am that you are about to be in baton rouge, seeing my niece and enjoying an amazing hpc service!!

Carole Turner said...

I got a pang of sadness for you when I read "she said yes" then "engagement called off".

I once thought for sure that I was supposed to marry a guy. All my friends thought so, everything. When he broke it off I turned into Glen Close from Fatal Attraction! Seriously, I was a freak! I remember just begging God for death I was so miseralble! But He knows better and over time I was healed completely. Now, I thank God I didn't marry that guy. I can't imagine being with anyone but my Dean. He is the love of my life.

I know you trust Him, keep on keepin' on.

Cajun Tiger said...

C&K...I'm so ready to be home for a short time. I can wait to get a little HPC action =)

FI...thanks for the encouragment! If it is truly over with Cheryl, then I have no doubt that he has someone even more perfect for me, as hard as that is to even imagine at this point, but God has proven Himself faithful way to many times for me to not trust Him now.

Ron said...

It sure would be nice if Cheryl's Dad were reading your blog all this time.

I think he would be impressed.

(just thinking out loud)

stoneonagrave said...

B, well said my friend. If they can't see the goodness inside of Shane, then they are blind. And Shane, you deserve better than that if he is going to be that petty.

Dionne said...

Congrats on the 1 yr. anniversary!!! I'm sorry about all the difficulties you've been through but it looks as though God is allowing it to make you a stronger person. I commend you for that!!

Cajun Tiger said...

Ron, B, Crummy...

I pray her dad's intentions were pure and led by the Spirit, but even if they weren't, the engagement being called off and the last 6 months of separation was completely God's plan. I have no doubt of that. What happens while I'm home on leave and from then forward I can't do anything but leave it in God's hands.

If it is His plan for us to be together then we will. If it isn't then as hard as it is to even imagine right now, I know He has someone even more perfect for me.

LMC...He certainly has!!!

stoneonagrave said...

B...just for your info (and Shane's) I've been going to church for a couple of months now and pray the rosary every night. I just can't stand religious hypocrisy. All of us are sinners, but all of us can be redeemed. If these people can't see the goodness in you CajunTiger (and let's face it, you were always the best out of us :-) then they are blind to the truth.

I truly believe now and believe in redemption. Even the guy that murdered my aunt, if he were to admit his guilt and truly repent in his heart, then he too can be redeemed.