Saturday, June 17, 2006

Pure Desire

During my sick days this past weekend, one of the books I finished was "Pure Desire" by Ted Roberts. The Chaplain who asked me to lead an "Every Man's Battle" group gave it to me, and I'm sooooo glad he did.

It is hands down one of the best books I've ever read on the topic of sexual bondage of Christians. I felt like I was reading my life story as the author talked about his life and the life of other men who have gone through the struggle and found victory through Christ and smart actions as it is a spiritual and physical battle.

The subtitle is "how one man's triumph over his greatest struggle can help others break free." One of the main reasons he wrote the book was to equip pastors and churches with the ability to help men and their families obtain freedom.

I highly recommend this book to everyone (especially if you have a leadership position in a church or ministry), not just guys, whether you struggle with it or not, because everyone knows someone who is fighting this battle, also more and more women are fighting the battle as well. The last two chapters of the book are written for women by the author's wife.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Single men sometimes tend to justify their behavior.

The Holy Spirit is called "Holy" for a reason.

I look forward to reading this book.

Cajun Tiger said...

Another thing singles tend to do is think that they are only having the problem b/c they are single thinking once they are married it will not be an issue any more. That is a huge lie.

If the issue isn't defeated before marriage, you WILL bring it into your marriage.

Anonymous said...

AMEN.