Saturday, June 24, 2006

Dems Racist, Repubs Principled? Nah...Can't Be!

That is the findings from a study done by the Washington Post (by no means a right wing shill paper...quite the opposite) on willingness to give support to Katrina victims based on their race.

In a nutshell, Dems were willing to give less amounts of money to blacks and other minorities than they were to whites. While Repubs gave the same amount regardless of color.

The author tries to hit Repubs as well by saying they were less generous. However I take issue with that b/c they were talking about government money. So, in other words, Dems were more generous with OPM, not their own. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money if you compared the personal donations, Repubs would blow Dems out the water.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Iyengar and his colleagues subsequently dug deeper into these data, another finding emerged: Republicans consistently gave less aid, and gave over a shorter period of time, to victims regardless of race.

stoneonagrave said...

Could some republicans give to me? Or dems? I lost two jobs and was forced out of my home for a month. I was denied by fema three times. I spent my whole savings making up for the lost wages and traveling (actually, evacuating) expenses.

Cajun Tiger said...

Anon...I pointed that out, but as the report shows the "less aid" Repubs gave was government money not personal money. Nice though how you gloss over the fact that Repubs gave the same to everyone whereas Dems gave less to blacks and other minorities.

Crummy...if you ever get to a point where you don't have money for food, you know you can always call me and of course there is always a room open in the "Comeaux Hotel." However beyond food and shelter, even though it may not be something you are fired up to do, you are definitely able bodied enough to find employment until you find a new job in your field, if that is what you are looking for.

stoneonagrave said...

I did find employment. But it still pisses me off to see all the FEMA fraud by uneducated people of whatever color, when many people like myself are hurt because we do work so therefore didn't get money for whatever reason. In fact, when I applied, I had to spell Orleans (I was teaching for the Orleans Parish School Board) three times. WTF?

P.S. I am teaching at Destrehan High School and coaching basketball. :)

Cajun Tiger said...

Which is why I disagreed with FEMA handing out money in the first place.

Hadn't heard you were at DHS...glad you are coaching again...not sure if it is good for them or not though ;)

stoneonagrave said...

B...you expect me to take a pay cut! Hell, if were to have gotten the Central head job I would have taken at least a 3000 pay cut, and I'm only getting 3% of my salary to coach at DHS. I mean, I'm a liberal, but I'm still a capitalist!

Dionne said...

Great find and some excellent points!!!