Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Wherever You Are

I was in the PX (army shopping center) last week and saw the new Third Day CD. The title completely captured my attention, "Wherever You Are." It really hit me being I'm definitely at a place in my life that would qualify as "Wherever You Are" in two major areas: physically being in Iraq is obvious and relationally facing the struggle of not knowing what the future holds.

I know what my desires are as they have not changed one bit. How do you let something die that is still very much alive in your heart?

I keep listening to it over and over because every song is speaking so much truth and life.

Here are a some examples:

Tunnel:
You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with Me

Eagles:
I tremble with this heavy weight
And I'm buried underneath my grief
I'll run to You and not grow faint
And I'll lay my burdens at your feet

Cry Out to Jesus (my favorite):
When you're lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out
You just cry out to Jesus

Keep on Shinin':
You're bruised and you're battered, your dreams have been shattered
Your best laid plans scattered over the place
Despite all your tendencies, God sees it differently
Your struggle's a time to grow
And you, you're a miracle, anything but typical
It's time for the whole world to know

Communion:
We hunger and thirst for Your love
And your righteousness
We long for Your presence here, Lord
Be with us again

How Do You Know:
You're thinking you've got all the answers
You've got my situation figured out
But you're only seeing part of the picture
There's so much more you don't know about

Mountain of God:
Thought that I was all alone
Broken and afraid
But You were there with me

The Sun is Shining:
Yesterday I lost
Everything I had and loved
Then I cried out for You, Lord
And You came and picked me up

Rise Up:
In life or in death
Through joy or regret
And all the secret things you have done
No matter what comes, my friend
Nothing can keep you from the love of God

That is just a little taste of this amazing CD. It never ceases to amaze me how God gives me exactly what I need, even in the middle of a desert and a war zone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I need to buy that CD. looks like the songs are great! -TE

Cajun Tiger said...

It will definitely be played over and over on my brand new IPod Nano =)

Meme said...

I would like to get their CD. I'll look for it next time I get to go shopping.