Thursday, March 30, 2006

House of Refuge

A good friend of mine, Elizabeth, and her husband, Aley, have started a blog entitled, "House of Refuge" about their ministry in Donaldsonville, LA. This city is one of poorest cities in the country with an average family income of only $7000 PER YEAR.

As you will read in the blog, Elizabeth has been serving this community for over 5 years and her faithfulness to the people of the community has been amazing and very inspiring.

The post entitled "The Shed" gives a very good insight into their ministry. I look forward to seeing all that God does through them as they are truly living out the mission of Healing Place Church to be a "Healing Place for a Hurting World."

2 comments:

Meme said...

I put a commment under The Shed blog. I was going to tell you what I said but you can go to their blog and read it. Thank God for people that can help others in their needs. Also I read some of Chatter Box blog. She is very interesting.

Cajun Tiger said...

Yeah, Chatterbox has a very fun blog. I'll definitely check your comments on Elizabeth's site.