Thursday, March 09, 2006

First Major Sandstorm

I thought our tent was going to fly away last night. From inside the tent it sounded like hurricane force winds were blowing about. It wasn't quite that bad, but pretty close to tropical storm force.

Then this morning we wake up to a blanket of sand just hanging in the air and swirling around with still pretty strong winds. I probably inhaled several ounces of sand throughout the day. You can just feel it caking in your nose. Not fun!

It felt like one of those gloomy days before it rains, but no rain to clean the air. Not sure how many days we'll have like this, but hopefully not too many.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shane! Its Bella, I hope all is going well in Iraq. Im leaving you this message because I just watched this video> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8260059923762628848&q=loose+change
And I was very intrigued by it. Know how into politics+ war issues you are, I thought I would ask your honest opnion on it. If nothing else, I just wanted to share it with you.
Later!

Cajun Tiger said...

Bella...unfortunately the IT nazis block all online streaming type videos for security reasons. The wireless in the tents for my laptop have starting working a little better. I'll try it tonight. If not, I may have to wait until I get back to the states.