Sunday, March 26, 2006

FINAL FOUR!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Get ready Indy...here come the Tigers!!! Final Four bound for first time since 1986 after beating #1 seed Duke and last night #2 seed Texas 70-60 in OT. It was a great game in regulation with the lead changing several times and the biggest lead being 4 points.

Our inside game with "Big Baby" and Thomas dominated and Texas stayed alive by draining 3's. Then we just took over in OT and opened up a gap that they couldn't come back from, ending it with a 10-point win.

Just like the river in Oralsk when I was in Kazakhstan was a nice "home" feeling, last night's game really boosted spirits (not that they were to down...but definitely lifted them). Regardless of what happens next weekend, it was a nice taste of home for a night even though I had to stay up until 3am to finish watching it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IS THIS TEAM SPECIAL OR WHAT!!! I'm glad you stayed up to watch the game. Need any coffee:) The fans here are in SHOCK. NOBODY thought this team would go this far.(me incuded) 4 DOWN, 2 TO GEAUX!!!

Anonymous said...

rawr. you should've been beat. we sucked in OT. kudos to you, but much sorrow for me. hook 'em horns. -TE

Anonymous said...

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Only fiting that my first comment would be b/c of such sweet victory!

Just that it's hard to have you so far away, and kinda worried, but I know in reality nothing will happen to you!

Love you my brother!