Thursday, February 23, 2006

Blessings of Brokenness

After the engagement was broken off, two friends in DC (thanks Becky and Lori), recommended a book by Dr. Charles Stanley, "The Blessings of Brokenness."

I went to B&N in El Paso to buy it but they didn't have it in stock. So, when I got here, I ordered it online and it arrived on Tuesday.

I'm really looking forward to reading it. The subtitle goes even further saying, "Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times." This qualifies as a hard time, probably the hardest I've yet to face, so I'm looking forward to Dr. Stanley's insight and hearing from God through this book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charles Stanley is one of my favorite pastors. I've read many of his books and every one of them has had an impact on my life. CT, your in a good place in your life right now. Painful, but good. There's no doubt that God has a wonderful plan for your life. Be encouraged.-Ron