Friday, February 10, 2006

Traveling to Iraq

Luggage at Ft. Bliss


Ireland Layover


Kuwait Tent City

Like I said in my first post from Iraq, the trip from Ft. Bliss to Iraq took 55 hours, 19 hours of which was actual flying time. From Ft. Bliss we made two stops, one in Maine and one in Ireland. In Maine it was really cool. They had a group of about 50 people lined up shaking everyone's hand and thanking us for going to Iraq to help support the military. I forgot my camera on the plane so I wasn't able to take any pics there.

Both stops were only about two hours then off to Kuwait. We arrived in Kuwait in the middle of the night and had to report for Roll Call a couple hours later to see if made the manifest to fly to Iraq, so not much time to sleep in the assigned tents.

We were lucky and made the first Roll Call and after a 6 hour wait in the holding area due to maintenance issues, it was off to Iraq on a military jet (no food service or inflight movie ;)

No comments: