Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Details of Life

In my One Year Bible, the last few days have been the instructions and the building of the Tabernacle. I've heard before that the beauty of that part of the Bible is that God is intimately involved in the details.

Before now, that never really resonated in me. However, it really hit me this morning, especially when I got to Ex 40:34 which shows that God showed up in His full glory once His will was followed.

Last Saturday, before leaving for Iraq, was particularly tough. I wanted so bad to make a phone call that I couldn't make. I'm glad now I was obedient because the more I follow His will and the will of those I've entrusted at this time for direction, the more God's glory will fill my life. It is never promised to be easy, but only that His presence will always be there throughout the hard times. That is all I really ever need.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you. Stay safe you coon-ass (Cajun), whichever you prefer, from Lockport. Teach all them out there our great heritage. Need anything, please call.

RL

Anonymous said...

Shane, God will bless and take care of you so be strong.Everything will work out for you as long as you keep your faith. I went to Church this morning and said a Rosary for you,our family, Cheryl and her family. Take Care,Love You

Cajun Tiger said...

Thanks Russell...either works fine for me =)

MOM!!! Wow...if I'd known it took me coming to Iraq for you to learn how to use a computer and get on the internet, I may have come sooner =) Thanks!!! Love ya bunches!!!

Anonymous said...

Well miracles do happen... (Mom and technology)HAHA. lcf

Cajun Tiger said...

Who knows...maybe we will get her on email next!!!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA You and your sister are very funny and guess what I did this on my own. Remember when you had your Comodore comp, I use to even keep track of my checkbook. Why did things get so complicated.Everything was so much simpler back then. HA HA!!

Cajun Tiger said...

Once you learn how to use the new technology it is much easier and way better. Make sure Kayne sets you up with an email being he told me he would.