Sunday, February 26, 2006

Don't Be Deceived

The message today in Church was from Gal 6:7-9. The main point of the passage is that whatever you sow, so shall you reap. If you sow good seeds you will reap a good harvest, but if you sow bad seeds, you will reap a bad harvest.

The Pastor gave four lessons from the passage:

1. Wise sowers sow with a harvest in mind.
-we to often just sow seeds without ever considering what harvest the seeds will produce

That was definitely true in for me regarding the sexual sin in my life...it was all about the pleasure for the moment

2. You will reap exactly what you sow.
-there are two harvest times, here on earth and after death
-on earth you will reap what you sow on earth be it good or bad
-after death you will reap your eternal harvest, whether spending eternity in heaven or hell will be determined by whether or not you let Christ sow His seed in your heart before you leave earth

3. You harvest more than you sow.
-true no matter what you sow, you will always reap more than you sow

4. Innocent people will reap the seeds we sow.
-we are still reaping the seeds sown by Adam and Eve that let sin enter the world
-our kids will reap some of the seeds we sow into their lives
-those around us will reap some of the seeds we sow

The last one of part 4 really hit home because due to my sowing bad seeds, Cheryl and others are now having to reap some of my bad harvest.

My prayer is that I make it through this time of reaping the bad seeds I've sown to the harvest of the good seeds I'm sowing now!

No comments: