Friday, February 10, 2006

First Iraq Pics











Camp Victory Tent City

Path to Tent before the storm


Path to Tent after the storm



Brand new boots (thankfully I received them the day before the big storm...thanks Barbara S.!!!)

Tent #7 - My home for the next 6 months


My rack


Showers

Bathrooms (way better than PortaPotties)


Grits in Iraq!!! (I can barely get grits in DC, yet I have them every morning in Iraq...who woulda thunk it ;)



Al Faw Palace (The Office)

History of Al Faw Palace (basically Saddam built it in honor of the troops who took back Al Faw port from the Iranians)


The obligatory pic in the throne!






HUGE chandelier from the first floor

Stairway to 3rd floor (all marble)


HUGE chandelier from 3rd floor



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shane,
Those are some nice pictures.
Did you get the camera with the new laptop? You are camping out almost like when we use to go Yogi Bear. HA HA!!
TAKE AND GOD BLESS
LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Anonymous said...

OOpps
I left out a word.
TAKE CARE!!!

Anonymous said...

do you have a 4X4 that would be fun!!! lcf

Cajun Tiger said...

We do have a 4x4 hence the earlier post about the Hadji car wash =)

Nick...tread lightly my friend...that could be grounds for expulsion ;)

Cajun Tiger said...

It is a lot like camping...at least that's what I keep telling myself =)

Cajun Tiger said...

The palace actually makes me pretty sad knowing that Saddam was squandering all this money when over 80% of the rest of the people in the country were living in poverty due to his oppresion.

There are hundreds of these palaces around the country and this is one of the smallest ones.

Cajun Tiger said...

If the Cajuns were a real team, I'd care more ;)