Monday, April 17, 2006

100 Degrees and Hail???

The weather here continues to amaze me.

We hit our first triple digit temps on Friday when we hit 100 degrees for the first time. As expected, due to it only being 18% humidity, it was not as "hot" as 100 would be in South Louisiana. Still not looking forward to 140s though.

Then today, we had another major rainstorm (once again it was very welcomed for cleaning the air, but the MUD is back again). It poured for a couple of hours and then it HAILED!!! Not small hail either, but golf ball size for several minutes. I just happened to be at the tent when it started and it sounded like little bombs hitting the roof. Me and "new guy" went look outside thinking, "No way it can be hailing" but sure enough it was.

5 comments:

Meme said...

I am not looking forward to the summer temp. Its nice having longer daylight. I wish it would stay that way. It is already hitting the 90's over here. We haven't had rain since Feb.Dads hoping we don't get too much rain until after he gets to refix his right a-ways to get to his deer stands.

Dionne said...

What do you do when its 140???

Cajun Tiger said...

STAY INSIDE!!! =)

Anonymous said...

It sucks not having AC in my Jeep. My Jeep won't be lasting too much longer. I'm at 230,500 miles. :(

It finally rained like 2 or 3 days ago. MUCH needed.

Cajun Tiger said...

Yeah...not sure what I'm thinking by coming home in July!!!