Friday, April 21, 2006

Weekend Getaway

In Line to Board the C-17

Sitting in the Jump Seats (no mom, they wouldn't let me really jump =)


Final Destination (can you tell which one is me?...hint...the only one not in camo)

Nancy and I flew to Kuwait last weekend to get a visa stamp. This will save us a day extra in Kuwait when we fly home for leave.

I will never complain again about having to show up 2 hours early in the states for a flight, b/c on Mil Air, your shortest wait time is at least 4-5 hours every time, most of this time outside in the heat with full battle rattle.

At the base in Kuwait, they have MickeyD's and on Friday nights they give free combos out and then show a movie "under the stars." MMMMMMMM...MickeyD fries!!!

It was a quick trip (25 hours total from leaving the office to returning the next day), but a very nice little change of pace.

4 comments:

Cajun Tiger said...

hahaha...you are a funny man =) Well that won't be much longer...I'm up to 73 now...most I've ever weighed!!! 10-15 more to go!

Cajun Tiger said...

ML...the only reason I'm gaining is b/c I'm eating 3500 calories a day and working out like crazy, so it is good weight I'm gaining thankfully =)

MickeyD's was AWESOME!!! Especially the FRIES!!! Tasted just like home. I was a little nervous b/c the Burger King, Hardee's and Popeye's here on Camp Victory are pretty nasty.

Dionne said...

Very cool--love the pics!!

Anonymous said...

I would have made them put a parachute on me, and LET me jump! :P

Maybe you won't need that divers belt much longer. :P