Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Daily Bible - Chronological

The last couple of years I've been reading the "One Year Bible." As the name suggests, it takes you through the whole Bible in a year with daily readings that includes sections from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs each day.

Before I came to Iraq, I was given a new one. This one is called the "Daily Bible - chronological." It is the same concept in that you read the whole Bible in a year but it is written in the chronological order in which the events actually occurred.

I'm really enjoying it, especially right now. I'm currently reading about Saul's downfall and David's rise to the throne. The neat part is that it combines stuff from Samuel and Chronicles and Psalms all together. The Psalms parts are my favorite because you really get to hear David's heart in the middle of his trials.

It is a truly unique view of the history of the Bible and if you have never read the Bible chronologically, I'd highly recommend giving it a shot.

1 comment:

Dionne said...

It is really cool. My husband and I both got one of those awhile back.