Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm Famous!!!

Well, not really, but I am on the latest promotional video for the Close Up Foundation. At about the 3:20 mark the first person they show after the words "Washington Insiders" is me!!! Watch it a little longer and one of the students introduce me and then they play a piece of my closing statement.

The Close Up debates are one of the best things I do in DC. Close Up brings in high school students from all around the country to experience DC as the video says. One of the nights they are there, they have a Domestic Issues debate. Close Up brings in a conservative and a liberal (I'm sure you can easily guess which one I am =). Then for an hour and a half, the students can ask any question they want on Domestic issues such as abortion, separation church/state, taxes, immigration, etc.

The students consistently rate the debate as one of the highlights of the week. I enjoy it b/c it gives me an hour and a half to bash liberals =) The debate usually goes from 8:30 to 10pm, but the students always stay an hour or two after for more one on one debates with the speakers. That is where it really gets fun. I do about 10-15 each Spring. I will definitely miss not being able to do any this year.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

COMEAUX FOR GOVERNOR...I'm serious!!!

How about State Rep?

nerdyastronomer said...

Kudos on being involved in the debate world, even if you are misguided :).

Thanks for the add.

Also, thanks for keeping it generally respectful. I know I let my blood boil a little bit on that immigration article but thanks for not turning into a creep about it...you're one of the few good ones on the "other" side.

Cajun Tiger said...

Ron...something I've considered for later down the road. Would almost definitely start at the State Rep level and then see where it goes from there.

SNC...um...you better =)

Speechie...I'm very passionate about my beliefs, but always try my best to be respectful in my comments to others who disagree. I'll sometimes paint broad statements about liberals that may seem pretty harsh, but if dealing with someone one-on-one, I try not to do that if they play by the same rules.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the debaters miss you in DC. That's if they can understand you if you talk too fast.

I guess I'd vote for you too, but NO NEW TAXES!!! HAHA

nerdyastronomer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dionne said...

How cool is that!!!!!!! And I would vote for you too :-))).

Cajun Tiger said...

Definitely would never vote for new taxes...that's a given!!!

Meme said...

I'd vote for you too!!! You looked very important in that video. You have had many expierences and have done so many rewarding things that the bad expierences and how you dealt with them will only give you the strenght to keep going forward and experience even better things that God has instore for you. You have so much knowledge about so many things. We are very proud of you. I'm glad our genes put togehter helped make you the person you have become.

Cajun Tiger said...

thanks mom =)