Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Love Hate Relationship

We definitely have a love/hate relationship here in Iraq with rain.

Love because the rain cleans the air of all the dust and sand. This means you can breathe easily and the air is nice and fresh.

Hate because after the rain, all the dust and sand from above becomes thick, sticky mud that clings to everything and is just down right nasty.

So, it is a catch 22. Breathe easily and walk through a swamp (not as fun as walking through LA swamps) or walk on dry land and breathe in lots and lots of dust and sand.

Just a little insight into life here in the desert.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Hmm...I agree with the hate part, and I see where you're coming from with the love part, but I can't say I honestly feel the slightest bit of love for the rain. I used to not mind the rain, because it meant I could wear my Wellies. But back in the first rainy days, I also had a rain jacket. I have since sent that home. And the KBR idiots keep removing the rocks that create a barrier between my feet and the mud in Tent City. So...nope. No love-hate here. It's strictly HATE. All-caps. The mud puts me in a very bad mood. I'll take dust, any day!

Dionne said...

Wow!! I guess thats why you're in the desert and I'm not. I wouldn't do very well with that.

Cajun Tiger said...

Nancy...I have no idea either why they NEEDED to replace the sand bags with the concrete barriers thus removing all the rocks.

LMC...they have ways of persuading you to put up with stuff like that =)

Unknown said...

CT--
I don't recall how I found you. I've just started getting into blogging in the last few months, and I think I was poking around Blogger, and somehow came across your blog. I really enjoy getting a different perspective on the war than what I hear and read. Thank you so much for what you are doing.
--TaliaXianne

Cajun Tiger said...

Talia...well welcome...hope you enjoy and come back often with lots of great comments =)